Windows 7 annoyances :
- Contextual menu of folders has no Search entry. You are encourage to use Windows Search and the input box in the toolbar.
- Access to many (hidden) items in your personal folder (jonction folders) is denied (like Application Data, Cookies, Local Settings, Start Menu, Models, Recent, SendTo...) Well, actually, you have access to the target folder (somewhere in AppData like AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows or AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows).
- You realize that the folder tree in the Explorer is not the underlying folder tree on your hard drive. In French version, the Explorer shows you a C:\Utilisateurs folder whereas it is C:\Users actually.
- Window manager ignore elevated Windows (when arranging windows with Tile, Cascade, etc.). Same problem with Alt-Tab.
- No dock tool bar for your shortcuts. You must attach your programs in the task bar. Nevertheless, you cannot attach two copies (as a normal user and elevated) of the same program. Cygwin entry is conflicting with command prompt. There is no option to run attached applications as elevated.